Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2/9/11 Journal entry

       Today i woke up to the sound of my car alarm going off. It has been three years since i moved out east and started work for the FDNY. Which is why it makes no sense for me to stay at this crumby town house in the south side of Brooklyn. Much of my evenings are filled with the sound of shouting or occasional gunfire. Many of the mornings i wake up a door slaming shut from across the street, courtesy of my jerk neighbor. I have but one thing that makes my day worth living, it is the dedication i have to my job as a new york city firefighter. Everyday I risk my life on the job, only to come home and worry about falling asleep in front of the tv, then waking up to realize that i had been robbed while is drifted off into sweet slumber. If someone came up to me on the street and asked me whether it was all worth it, the danger, the uncertainty i would look down at them and nod yes. Iam proud of what i do... 

No comments:

Post a Comment